Starting out this project for my Wife.
She needs to upload files onto a certain website, but this site only allows for 20 attachments each attachment not bigger than 2Mb.
So you are thinking just download one that is already there. Well yes there are many products both paid and free versions out there that one can use to split PDF documents. Most of them only support splitting documents by number of pages (which wont work for her).
My aim here is to make it as easy as possible for her. e.g dropping the files into a folder running one action and getting the result in another folder.
So here is my initial requirements. (required for her to work ASAP)
- Get input documents from a folder
- Combine documents from input folder, so we can optimize the split of there documents.
- Split the document created in step 2 into a preset size (e.g 2 Mb) or as close as possible to the preset size but not bigger
- Drop the results into a output folder, and name the files in sequence
Future plan I'm thinking about for this (but wife doesn't care about these functions)
- Split per page (yip same as other apps)
I will post first version of the app as soon as it is ready.
Any comments or suggestion are welcome
My dad's church had a raffle recently. He firmly believes that having a program picking the raffle tickets are better than some person putting his hand into a fish bowl to draw the numbers.
So this little app was born. Very simplistic and easy to use.
- Pick a random 3 digit number. (I made it a variable input)
- One number cannot be drawn a second time. With in the same cycle of draws.
- They must be able to specify the beginning and end number of the raffle tickets.
- Be able to print the end result.
Maybe you have a use for it.
Time has forced me to give up my project (WOT Stats) due to other obligations. However Phalynx has offered to take over the project and is currently maintaining the software. I wish him all all the best in making this great app even better for the users out there. Follow the link to VBAddict and the new home of WOT stats
I would like to take the time to thank each and every person who made a donation/contribution to the project.
There are a couple of special people\friends to point out who i met along the way
Phalynx, the_beast, Maurice Hemert.